Illness & Reflexology
A Background to Illness
The body has many major systems which can become impaired, leading to various illnesses or diseases. For example:
- cardiovascular - heart conditions, blood pressure, circulatory problems
- lymphatic - infections, oedema
- respiratory - lungs, nose, sinus problems
- digestive - indigestion, heartburn, constipation, diarrhoea
- reproductive - gynae, fertility, testicular/erectile issues
- musculo-skeletal - joint, muscle, back pain
- urinary - kidneys, bladder, prostate issues
- nervous - migraines, sciatica, epilepsy
- endocrine - diabetes, thyroid conditions
The body can also succumb to longer term conditions following an illness, including ME, chronic fatigue and Long Covid. It can turn against itself, as happens with auto-immune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. Cancer occurs as a result of abnormal cell growth and spread. Stress, anxiety and depression can really impact the body mentally and physically.
The role of reflexology
Reflexologists are not allowed to diagnose specific conditions or claim to cure them.
However, we seek to prompt the body to restore its natural balance by:
- improving the circulation in general
- stimulating the blood and nerve supply to specific organs
- promoting deep relaxation
This in turn may benefit a wide range of conditions.
If I have any major concerns about your condition, I will discuss this with you and suggest a referral to your GP or other healthcare professional.